Saturday, March 13, 2010

Suggestion

Ok fine, I admit it, whatever, I have to admit it or the rest of this essay will make no sense. So in the interest of communication in the proper way I will admit it. Ok YES I watch American Idol fine. I hope you're all happy. I like the show; I enjoy watching the kids with dreams in their eyes trying to make it come true. I know that the legitimacy of the outcome is debatable and if you look closely you can see it on a grander level.

I was watching the results show last week and it got to the part where the kids sang as a group. I noticed that they paired them up rather purposefully way. They paired the ones they gave praise to (warranted or not) together as if to suggest to you who you should be voting for next week. This may seem innocent enough if you look at this just another show. When you realize that the show is a show of public opinion and a great way to practice the art of suggestion. You can see how they can mark what works and what don't in the art of mass suggestion. I will leave you to your own thoughts on this matter.

How easily are you influenced?
Why would someone want to influence you?
How can I not be influenced by others opinions?
Is there a way i can infuence others to see things differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment